Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Welcome Home USS Dallas!!!

This day has been a long one in the making, but what a perfect day! The sun was shining and it wasn't bitterly cold. It felt like the day was dragging by and from the moment we saw the boat (Andy was driving) the minutes went by even slower. But wow what a moment when we finally saw him up close and were able to give him hugs and kisses!

From the moments Jack & Davis woke up, they talked about what they were going to tell Daddy and how many hugs and kisses they were going to give him. I was a bundle of nerves and also worried that the outdoor elements would lead to some type of mishap (namely Davis ending up in the water). Well, I was wrong about Davis ending up in the water, but his Welcome Home sign did :)

God graced us with a gorgeous day and reminded me of how many miracles I have in my life!

Andy driving the boat!
A family moment, I love how Davis is looking up at Andy!

Waiting for the boat to make it's way down the river...
Jack waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment